We have been settling into our new home quite nicely. Creating peace and happiness for myself every day. We found a kitten to keep me company as most days I work from home. She’s a handful and a lot of our newer items have already gotten scratched up but what can you do. We love her and she’s cute so that’s a combo that means she can probably get away with a lot more than a scratched up chair, ottoman and bed.
I’ve really been enjoying creating the space. This year hasn’t been going exactly how I had hoped, however, I’m still holding on to it being one of my best years ever. I’m learning to celebrate the little things a lot more and not get so stuck in setbacks no matter how large. The great thing about creating a peaceful space is that it helps me to find balance. I’ve been able to practice yoga, stick to a workout routine to the point where my body is transforming and just take life a lot slower. I’m learning to breathe and let the stresses of life just flow.
It’s almost mandatory these days, the hustle is hard and the burnout can be constant. Taking time away from it all has been one of the best decisions I could have made for myself. Health, in general, is so important. Mental and physical health is often overlooked. I hope we can learn to make more time for it in our everyday lives and not treat it as something secondary.
The last few home updates are on my YouTube channel (I’ve linked them at the bottom of this blog post). I’ve been decorating and redecorating. Moving things around just to get them to all feel just right. If you follow me on snap chat (missjodik) and Instagram (jodikayedwards) you’ve seen a few sneak peaks of what our place looks like already. It’s slowly coming together and the best part is the journey. I’m in no rush. It’s just such a refreshing feeling to wake up in the morning in a space that you’ve created and in a space that you love.
What is also important is that we learn how to create that space in our mind even if it’s not in our immediate environment. What are some ways that you can create a peaceful space?Create a peaceful space in your mind when you feel there is chaos around you. Click To Tweet
If we aren’t doing well as business owners, bloggers, students, friends, significant others etc. and if we don’t prioritize our personal development we can’t expect to grow. We can’t expect to really give it our all so find your space where you feel rejuvenated.
What are some ways that you can create a peaceful space? How can you work on achieving inner calm even when the world around you feels chaotic? How can you find happiness?
Need some ideas?
- Establish a morning routine: This will help you to start your day off doing exactly what it is that you want to do which will give you a general feeling of accomplishment.
- Respect yourself, show yourself that you are worthy and that you can trust yourself. Get to a place where you can function at your personal best.
- Work on your personal development and growth continuously. Do you want to carry on thinking you could have done better or be better? No one likes that feeling, incorporate more personal development. Our time on this earth is limited it should be spent becoming your best self, otherwise, what are you doing?
- Create a low barrier of entry for your long term goals. Meaning break down your goals into small acitivities before increasing the lenght. For example I want to read a book a month, break that down into I want to read 3 pages a day, until that becomes a habit then your goal will be more attainable.
- When one habbit goes out the window don’t lose motivation. Get reconnected with yourself and figure out what you truley want for yourself and your life. Practice small daily habbits.
Click to watch the following videos down below.